This project is read-only.

Unable to run source

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Hi,

I am unable to run source version in VS2010. 

I am getting an error 

Error 1 The command "del D:\Temp\disqussharp_e385a7061605\src\WWB.DisqusSharp.Tests\bin\Debug\*.json /q" exited with code 1. WWB.DisqusSharp.Tests

build.bat also fails ....

BTW, is disqus api free or it comes only with disus pro version?

I am trying to use this api to list comments on my website because of SEO manner, but I still want to use their jscript for imput comments.

What you think about that?

Thanks.

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:20 AM

I think the issue is you are working through some of my early struggles with hg, the tip of the default branch isn't quite right I suspect. What you want to do is grab the offical 0.82 release at http://disqussharp.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/db5dab9a0e01 , that should build up nice and clean for you.

There definitely is a free version of the API. They do offer a paid version, but it seems that is reserved for the cnns and mtvs of the world.

Not sure how that scenario would work -- it is hard to show their form without showing the comments. Now, if you were to load the comments into your page then wipe out the div and replace it with disqus' JS that could work.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have further questions.

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Thanks for the answer!

Actually I am not able to compile any version trunk, I get always same error ....

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Interesting. I've tried a few times to re-create the error but I can't -- even using a clean clone on a clean machine. I'd really love to see your build output. Could you:

1) fire up a command line window of your choice.
2) Go to your disqussharp\src folder.
3) Run C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild wwb.disqussharp.sln > build_output.txt
4) Then  post the contents of that output here. 

The offending line is there to clean up some of the test settings pre-emptively, not sure why it is dying on your machine. 

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Thanks .....

I tried this on third computer and it builds finally.  I am not sure what's diffrence. 

Do we have some example how to use it, where to start ..... or that should be discovered by me? ;)

Thanks.